The Loneliest Number?

0 Comments

Traveling Solo for Valentine's Day

In my most recent trip to Italy, it was my first time traveling solo and it also occurred during Valentine's Day. I learned a lot about myself during this trip and a lot about traveling as a lone female traveler. And while many people think that one is the loneliest number, I have to say, it is not as bad as everyone thinks!

Traveling by myself was actually a lot of fun! Fun? Yeah, fun! I never knew that I could have fun all by myself, but it's actually possible. And I don't think you have to be a social outcast in order to enjoy it. I got see what I wanted to see, do what I wanted to do, and go at my own pace. There was no conflict because of differences or crankiness from exhaustion. The only person that I had to live with was myself. I am not saying that I hate people and therefore enjoyed this trip. No! What I am saying that it is also a way to travel that provides a completely different experience but is definitely an option. The only time that I felt really lonely during this trip was during meal time, just because it is nice to sit and talk with someone while eating a great meal. Sometimes you can meet people and decide to share a meal together, but being there for Valentine's Day meant that most people weren't interested in meeting others. Instead, they were more interested in making out in front of every monument, but to each their own! Dealing with loneliness was easy for me since I am an introvert that gains energy from time by myself. In times where I wish I had someone to share my experiences with, I would write down what happened so that I could tell them later. I think everyone should take a trip by themselves because you learn so much about yourself. I now know what kind of traveler I am and how I do on my own, which I have to say is pretty good. So when people think that traveling by myself for Valentine's Day must have been awful, I just looked at the bright side of things and thought about how great of an experience I had. So instead of feeling lonely, think of it as an adventure where you have complete control and get to do everything and anything that you want to do.

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: