The Power of Quotes: Drawing Inspiration and Letting Go

0 Comments

Making a Life Changing Decision and Sticking With It

In college I participated in a board breaking activity. One one side of the board we wrote our fears and what troubles us and on the other side we wrote what would happen if we pushed through or let go. As of right now my fears would relate to this big adventure ahead of me. I would write not having enough money to finance my trip, what if I can't find a job over there, should I just travel the world for a year instead, I might get homesick, what if it is not for me?

These recent doubts have been really troubling me, but the other day I remember my board breaking activity and now I have newfound inspiration. I remember back to the moment I was about to break the board. I honestly didn't think that I could do it even though I had just witnessed a group of 100 people do it. I was about to punch down full force when I hesitated...I didn't think I could do it. Then I took a deep breath, envisioned the outcome, closed my eyes and went for it. I had broken my board! So that is exactly what I need to do: close my eyes and envision the outcome. Here are some quotes that have given me back my strength and have inspired me, once again, to travel.


I would gladly live out of a suitcase if it meant that I could see the world

We must take adventures in order for us to know where we truly belong 

Something beautiful is on the horizon

Travel is rebellion in its purest form. We follow our heart, we free ourselves of labels, we lose ourselves willingly, we trade a role for reality, we love the unfamiliar, we trust strangers, we own only what we can carry, we search for better questions not answers, we truly graduate, we sometimes choose never to come back

And then I realized adventure is the best way to learn

If we wait until we are ready then we will be waiting for the rest of our lives

I would rather own little and see the world than own the world and see little

Travel is more than the seeing of sights it is a change that goes on deep and permanent in the ideas of living 

Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer

All journeys have a destination of which the traveler is unaware

No matter where or why you travel, there is always something wonderfully new to be found

The perfect time to start something never arrives

I can't buy happiness, but I can buy a plane ticket and that is pretty close

I don't know where I am going but I am on my way

Lets get lost

If you're 22 physically fit and hungry to learn and be better I urge you to travel as far and widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to, find out how other people live and cook and eat. Learn from them wherever you go.

Travel has taught me the journey is the destination

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't I give myself reasons why I can

Keep calm and travel on

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone

It is better to travel and get lost than to never travel at all

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page

One's destination is never a place but a new way of seeing things

I want to see the world, follow a map to its edges and keep going, forgo the plans and trust my instincts, let curiosity be my guide, I want to change hemispheres, sleep with unfamiliar stars and let the journey unfold before me

Wanderlust: a very strong and irresistible impulse or desire to see the world 

Not all those who wander are lost

Once a year go someplace you've never been before

This heart of mine was made to travel this world

Keep calm and see the world

Keep calm and dream of Italy

We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: