Quotes About Paris

0 Comments

Finding Motivation Through Quotes

Why am I doing this again? With trying to plan but realizing that you actually need to be there to plan, I have been losing motivation. I am not quitting, but it’s hard to just sit here and wait. I’ve planned just about everything that I can think of. I’ve looked at flights, jobs, and apartments. I’ve been researching what paperwork I need and trying to get that in order. And I’ve sat and just planned what I can plan, which is not very much! With three months to go, I would have thought that I would have more to do, but I guess already being a citizen means that I have less work than others. In the meantime, I just look up what I can about Paris and try to feel useful, even though it is just day dreaming. As of now, what excites me the most are quotes or sayings about my future home. Here is a list of quotes that I liked about Paris.


Paris is always a good idea. -Audrey Hepburn

If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast. -Ernest Hemingway 

A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life. -Thomas Jefferson

When spring comes to Paris the humblest mortal alive must feel that he dwells in paradise. -Henry Miller

There is but one Paris and however hard living may be here, and if it became worse and harder even – the French air clears up the brain and does good – a world of good. -Vincent Willem van Gogh

The best of America drifts to Paris. The American in Paris is the best American. It is more fun for an intelligent person to live in an intelligent country. France has the only two things toward which we drift as we grow older – intelligence and good manners. -F. Scott Fitzgerald

There are only two places in the world where we can live happy:  at home and in Paris. -Ernest Hemingway 

A final reminder. Whenever you are in Paris at twilight in the early summer, return to the Seine and watch the evening sky close slowly on a last strand of daylight fading quietly, like a sigh. -Kate Simon

What an immense impression Paris made upon me. It is the most extraordinary place in the world! -Charles Dickens

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: