Finally Growing Up

0 Comments

Growing Up Through Travel: Why I Finally Feel Like an Adult


I have always been mature for my age. I have always understood my place in this world. And I have always had ambitions. But I never felt like an adult. I never felt like I knew what I was doing. And I never felt like I was truly independent. But thanks to travel, I was able to change all of that and become the woman that I am today. 


I Can Do It

Whenever I feel like I cannot do something, now, I remind myself that I have already done so much with my life. I can do it. I was able to move to two different countries in three years, get fully established, and have thriving lives in both of those countries. I found apartments, found work, and loved my experiences. I also traveled to so many countries that I would have never imagined and loved every minute of it. Because of this, I know that when moving back to the US, I can find an apartment, I can find a job, and I can be successful. 


More Empathetic

Traveling to all of these countries has shown me how people in this world live. I know that I have only really seen the conditions of people in Europe, but still, that already opened my eyes so much. I would like to go to other continents as well and learn even more. But these experiences of traveling to countries different than mine have taught me so much. But the most important is empathy. Who I am to judge someone for their culture and way of life? Instead, now, I respect that culture and its autonomy but will always advocate for peace and human rights. 


Stronger

Travel has made me stronger. I know that I can do things. I know that I am more independent. I know that I am smarter. All of these things that I have experienced have helped me grow and become a stronger person. I am more set in my values and beliefs and more determined to help people in my work. But I am also stronger and happier with myself. 


More Independent

Now that I have moved to all these places and figured out everything all on my own, I know that I am more independent. While I still look to my family for guidance, I know that I can survive on my own and am proud of that. Before, I would never do anything unless I got advice from my family. Now, I know that they love and support me no matter what, so I can go out and live my dreams. And that has been the best lesson. 


Smarter

Trying to figure out how to communicate with people or learning how to get around has made me a lot smarter. I know that I can now figure out how to get by in any country that I go to and that I can adapt to their system. Before travel, I used to be book smart and not at all street smart. Now I wonder if I am more street smart than book smart. But thank's to my master's I know that my book smarts is also being worked on. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: