The Wonders of Travel Blogging

0 Comments

How Travel Blogging Inspired Me


It was a spur of the moment decision that I made when I decided to start blogging about my travels. I thought that it would be a great journal of my experiences, inspire others to travel, and give myself a voice. In reality, it has done much more than that for me. It has inspired me to use my voice for good, to become more confident in myself, and to value myself. And I am forever grateful to the travel blogging world for changing my life.


I Got a Voice

Before travel blogging, I never felt heard. I would say ideas in group projects and others would take the credit. I would work my butt off at work and others would get praised for less. Just before traveling, I felt a bit invisible at times. Once I decided to start blogging, I noticed that people were commenting on what I had to say, that my voice was being heard. This in turn made me more confident in every day life. 


I Became More Aware

Thanks to travel blogging, I became much more aware of my surroundings. I always looked for observations to write about in my blog. I became aware of my voice and what it was portraying. Learning about other cultures and writing about them in my blog is probably one of the main reasons why I chose to get a master's. I wanted to educate myself more about the things that I was observing and I wanted to gain more skills so I can be an adequate advocate in the world. 


I Valued Each Experience

Not everything I did was for the blog. Instead, everything was for myself. I just learned more techniques to remember those moments so that I could write about them later. But through travel blogging, I learned to stop and smell the roses and really soak in the moment. Now I don't let a good moment pass me by. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: