Rotisserie Chicken

0 Comments


Rotisserie Chicken: The Holy Grail of Chicken

I don't know why I waited so long. It's not like I had to go far. It's not like it's expensive. So why did I wait so long to buy rotisserie chicken and potatoes? I've clearly been missing out on the holy grail of chicken. I think this is my new favorite way to eat chicken!


Rotisserie chickens are everywhere in France, as they are in the US. But since France has a lot more butcher shops than in America, you never have to go far. I have two on my street within a two minute walking distance. I can easily get my fix! And it's not really the way that's different, it's the taste of the chicken that makes it so good! Chickens are fed differently here. They're not cooped up and forced to get fat. And their diet is different. So immediately the chicken tastes fresh and not processed.


The Mother-load of Potatoes
But you can't buy the rotisserie chicken without the potatoes. It's a sin not to. The potatoes are cooked in the fat that drips from the spinning roasting chickens. So potatoes plus fat is always a good combination. By the end of the day, it's like they're glazed. And what's perfect is that it's the meal that keeps on giving for a low price! Why did I wait so long??

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: