The Joys of Christmas Markets

0 Comments

Christmas Markets: The Best Time to Travel


It should be no secret by now that I love Christmas markets. All over Europe, Christmas markets pop up in December and last all month long. They are a great way to try local favorites and get to know the culture. And I am a little obsessed with them. It is my favorite time to travel because the weather is nice and the food is amazing and the people are cheerful. So here are some of the best reasons to travel during the season and a few of my favorite markets. 


One of the best things about the Christmas markets is the food. Vendors only sell the favorites of the local people so you know you are getting an authentic experience. The food isn't that expensive and it is always good because you know the locals are going to get some more. It is a great way to experience the culture and enjoy a lovely meal. 


Christmas markets always sell unique items that make Christmas gifts. Forgot to do your Christmas shopping? No problem, the markets have you covered. How often can you say someone gave you a gift hand made in Estonia or Germany? 


They're conveniently located. Usually when you travel, it can be a challenge to find a restaurant that is not a tourist trap and is near the center of the city or wherever you are staying. Well, thanks to the Christmas markets, you know its not a tourist trap and you don't have to worry about everyone in your party. Each person can go to a different booth and get what they want. Stress free!


My favorite Christmas markets so far have been Berlin and Prague. Both have huge Christmas markets with the best food that I have had during the season. The Berlin market is by far my favorite because there are so many in the city and each one has its own feel. Plus I love German food. But I have also enjoyed the markets in Tallinn and Copenhagen, and the one in Paris isn't so bad either. But I still want to see more. One day hopefully!


You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: