Food that Comes from France

0 Comments


Made in France: The Only Acceptable Purchase

In France, when going grocery shopping for fresh fruits and vegetables, you can always see where your food is coming from. Right under the title and price is the name of the country of origin. So what does this mean for people in France? If it does not say France then it is not good quality. 

I guess I should start out by saying that I'm spoiled to live in a country were the majority of my food comes from that country. My food isn't being shipped from another hemisphere or continent. Almost all of it is coming from right here. So I get it, when I have the opportunity, I also choose French products.

But some French people take it to a whole new level. I'm just happy buying things from the same continent. But many prefer France, or in the worst case from a neighboring country. Many times when there are two options that are not from France, they'll choose the country closest to France by reasoning that it must be the freshest. If it means spending a few more cents to buy something from the Netherlands rather than Poland, many will do it. But I'm too cheap and I'll happily take something from Poland. I'll even buy the figs from Turkey because they look so good. I guess that's my American mentality that wants the cheapest products. And to be honest, most of the time I don't even see a difference in quality. Maybe if I win the lottery I'll only buy products made in France. But in the meantime I'll just admire the French dedication to knowing whee your food comes from. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: