A Love Affair with the Train

0 Comments

Why I Love the Train

Can I just say that I love the train. It's convenient and gets me to where I need to go. And in Europe, the rail system is so good that the train can get you to just about anywhere! You get to see the pretty scenery along the way and you don't have to worry about a certain amount of liquids and ziplock bags. It's great!

Yeah, there are train accidents, but there are also plane, car, and bus accidents too. Anytime you travel it's like playing Russian roulette with your life. But what's living without taking chances? And I don't believe that trains are any more dangerous than boats. And of course I prefer it to flying because while I'll take a plane to get where I am going, I will not actively seek out to go ride a plane. But riding the train can be fun.

You don't always need to go through a metal detector (but for the Eurostar you do) and especially those full body scans. You are usually limited to two pieces of luggage but they don't put weight and size restrictions. And I haven't seen that majorly controlled. You can bring your own food with you without worrying about customs confiscating it (yay for saving money by not buying ridiculously expensive airport food). And you have more leg and seat room. And sometimes it takes the same amount as flying if you factor in the hours that you need to be there ahead of time. Most of the time you don't need to be more than one hour in advance. I usually use the 30 minute rule. But check with your schedule because some companies to see what their policies are (the Eurostar is one hour).

And even though it makes me carsick, I love the train. Did I mention that there's more leg room? And that you can see the country around you rather than just clouds? There's something about it that just makes you feel old timey; riding the train to go on vacation or getting somewhere seems so pre-1950s. And I'm always a sucker for old timey. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: