Magret de Canard

0 Comments

Sorry Donald, But Duck Tastes Good

People have been asking me what I had for Christmas, and the truth is that I had a lot of things for Christmas because there are just so many courses. But one of the main courses was magret de canard. And I know that some of my friends have been freaked out before by me saying that I've eaten duck, but it's gooooood.

In France, duck can be served a variety of ways. But the magret de canard is a specific part of the duck that can be cooked in a variety of different ways. It is the breast of the duck. And the entire breast is usually cooked whole, and then sliced. For Christmas my cousin cooked it in the barbecue, which made a crunchy outside crust and gave it a smokey flavor. Some will cook it in sauces. There are many ways to cook it, but it is always served rare. And for me, as someone who hates rare foods, it is pretty good. Its not something that I would attempt to cook myself, but at a restaurant I would order it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: