Spending the Day as a Tourist

0 Comments

Touring Paris With Tourist Eyes

After my trip to Germany and my New Year's Eve at the Eiffel Tower I made the most of my days off. I had a couple of days off so I might as well see the things that I haven't has the time to see. So each day I went and saw something that's been on my list for a while. 


I went and saw the Conciergerie. I was a little disappointed because I expected to see more. Instead I saw mostly an exhibit on Saint Louis. 


The Conciergerie Seen from the Seine

I think that the prettiest thing about the Conciergerie is the outside. It really looks like a medieval castle from the outside. 


Columns of the Conciergerie

Then I went to the Sainte Chapelle. I didn't know about this beautiful chapel before moving to Paris, but I'm glad that I found out about it. 


The Lower Chapel of la Sainte Chapelle

It's golden, one of my favorite things, and the stained glass windows are magnificent. It's small so you can focus on the small details. 


Old Stairs of the Port near Notre Dame

I also went to the Notre Dame necropolis. It was interesting because it was interactive. I actually learned about what medieval Paris looked like before Notre Dame and I got to see some of the original ruins. 


Notre Dame Selfie

And the one museum that I've been dying to see was the museum that I was disappointed in. I thought that the Musée Carnavalet would have more history, but instead it looked like an art exhibit. But the Liberation of Paris exhibit was great. 


Musee Carnavalet

Being a tourist in Paris was great. I think that I'll need to do it again very soon. Maybe next weekend. Hopefully the extra tourists will be gone by then!

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: