Fruit Tarts

0 Comments

Fruit Tarts: A Delicious Weakness

I'm sure I've said it before, but I'll say it again, going to a boulangerie is something that I avoid doing. Not because I hate the interaction, not because I hate bread, but because I have no self control when it comes to all the delicious pastries. And one of my weaknesses are fruit tarts. And while everyone thinks of macarons, eclairs, and petit fours, I break down and get fruit tarts.


There is no one way to make a fruit tart. Each boulangerie makes it their own way. But generally they are made with a custard, fruit with a sugar glaze on top, and a crust to hold it all together. But the custard changes with the boulangerie, as does the fruit, and sometimes the crust does as well.

Each boulangerie makes their own version of a fruit tart. Many times the fruits on top change with the seasons, which I think makes them taste so much better. And the best is that they come in different sizes. There's large sizes for sharing and then there's individual sizes, which is perfect. You don't get the guilt of buying a large tart for yourself.

So when in France, as if you don't have enough food to try, try the fruit tart.

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: