Paris with First Timers

0 Comments


Seeing Paris Through the Eyes of Newbies

I guess being born in the city, visiting it numerous times, and eventually living in it has made me a bit jaded. I don't take living in it for granted, not for one bit. But I guess I don't have that glint in my eye. Or at least I thought I did until I experienced Paris with a friend who was visiting France for their first time. And all the weird things that I stopped noticing became illuminated once more. 


It was nice to see Paris and Europe with someone so excited by every tiny detail. That's not to say that I don't appreciate Europe, there are just certain things that I am used to that I don't notice. An example would be cars driving up on the sidewalk to park. I didn't realize it was out of the ordinary until my friend pointed it out to me in Budapest by worrying as if it's a bad thing. I'm so used to it that I didn't even realize the car was on the sidewalk. It's things like that incident that show me that there are things we do in Europe that are not normal. And I have to say, walking around Paris with someone there for the first time in a way made me feel like it was mine all over again (though I can't even remember my first time in Paris since I was born there). And while Paris is magical, it suddenly became that much more magical. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: