5 Months Down!

0 Comments

I've Got a Long Long Way to Go

Five months. That's how long I've been in this country. That's longer than an entire semester of school. And like I've said before in previous posts, I didn't imagine myself making it this far. But I have, and I think I've changed in someways I guess. And I'm hoping that it's for the better. 


I stop and ask for directions. I'm no longer planned and organized. I book last minute trips. I don't save my money. I actually like living in a big city sometimes. I'll try new things and am even contemplating going up on the Eiffel Tower. I feel comfortable in my own skin. And I have no problem having a conversation with a complete stranger as long as they initiate it. I help young children eat and wipe their snotty noses for them. In 2008 I wouldn't even recognize myself today. And some of these changes have happened over time, but a lot of them have happened this year.

And I'm liking it so much that I'm sure that I'm going find it hard to leave. But the bright side is that I can always come back whenever I want, or whenever my bank account allows!

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: