New Years Resolutions

0 Comments



Trying to Plan Some Resolutions

Goodbye 2014, hello 2015! I will be out celebrating tonight by watching the lights over the Eiffel Tower. But tomorrow is that time of year. It's resolution time. And instead of saying my New Years resolution is to loose 5 pounds like I usually do and usually fail to keep, I'm going to keep my resolutions simple. I'm going to take advantage of my time in Europe and keep traveling when I get back. 


I will visit the cities that I absolutely need to see. I had so much on my list for my year abroad, but I don't think that I'm going to make it. So now I am going to prioritize what I cannot leave Europe without seeing, like Venice and Vienna.

I will try new foods, even if it doesn't always sound good. I'm in Europe, so I need to make the most out of my experiences, whether it is historically, culturally, or gastronomically. I already ate snails, and while I'm not about to chance mussels if I'm allergic, I'm going to stop saying no thanks. I've already gotten better at this, but not in the sense of being adventurous, I'm just trying to be polite. 



Manneken Pis, Brussels

I will try to make healthy decisions when eating. Ok so not quite going on a diet, but trying to buy balanced meals and not stuffing my face is a step in the right direction. And I have made a lot of improvements since moving to France, but I could try a little harder I guess.  Besides, I live in France, I'm not about to deprive myself of their culinary goodness.

I will try to stay in better contact with people. I am awful at calling people to see how they're doing, an the same goes with emailing. It's not that I'm not thinking of the people that I care about, it's that I just forget to email or call. So I'm going to try and get in contact with people more often.

I will go on one OVS outing. There's this French website that plans outings for people and you just show up and meet people. And there's all kinds, something for the interests of everyone. So I'm going to try and do one and see how it goes. That way I can meet new people that are French.

I will go on a guided tour. I loved the guided tour of the Parliament in London that I took in 2013. So I figured that I should take one again because I liked it so much. And usually when I travel I have my own agenda and I'm too cheap. So here's to splurging a little.

I will continue to travel even when I get back to the US. When I meet people they always ask where I've been, and the truth is that I've seen very little of the US. So when I come back, I am determined to keep my travel spirit alive by taking advantage of long weekends to explore. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: