Look Ma, No...Parents?

0 Comments

Christmas Without the Parents

Christmas Eve is tomorrow and I will be spending it at my cousin's. And Christmas Day will be spent with aunts and uncles. But there's something missing from the picture. Where's my brother and parents? And why am I not that concerned?


So far I haven't even had the time to think that I won't be spending Christmas with them. I've been too busy stuffing my face with great food in Belgium to even realize that Christmas is coming. I never thought that I would miss the holidays with my family. I mean I have spent holidays away from my grandparents and cousins before, this isn't my first Christmas in France. But my parents and brother were with me. This time there not. But then again, it's not like I'm going to be sitting in my apartment along, singing "All By Myself" instead of Christmas carols. No, I'm going to be with family and enjoying my time spent with them. So I guess what's troubling me is that spending Christmas without my parents is not troubling me at all. I'm missing them, and I know that I'll be thinking about them, but I also know that it's just one Christmas and that I'll see everyone very soon! So for those of you worried that I'm going to be sad or homesick this holiday season, thank you for you're concern, but I'm doing just fine. And in a few days I will be off to Berlin (maybe that uncontrollable excitement has blinded me of my homesickness)! So thanks Mom and Papa because that's the best Christmas present ever!

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: