10 Places That I Still Want to Visit

0 Comments

Top Ten Places That I Haven't Seen But Want To

I've gotten to see a lot this year, and as I am currently on a vacation seeing more, I will have been to a total of 16 countries. But I'm not even close to being satisfied. I need to see more. So as this year comes to a close, I've come to realize that one year in Europe is not enough. So I'll probably have to find away to spend another year or two in order to see the things that I want to see. So here are the top then things that I still have yet to see. 


10. Fjords of Norway: while I love the city, I find nature much more beautiful. Especially nature with lots of trees and rivers. So the fjords of Norway have been something that I've wanted to see since I've learned how to pronounce fjord. Yep, there will be a lot of Scandinavia on this list.

9. Gdansk: this city may not be known for it's beauty like Krakow and Warsaw, but it's known for it being a focal point of the Solidarity movement in Poland. And I love me some revolution and Poland has managed to capture my attention, so why not?



I did like Spain, I would like to see more
Madrid, Spain

8. Seville: this is one of those cities that I want to go to solely because I've seen pretty pictures of it. Sometimes you just gotta see it with your own eyes. That and Spanish food is amazing so I'd go just for the food.

7. Lapland: did you know that Santa is from Lapland? Well that's not the reason that I want to go, but that does make this region of Finland extra special. Lapland is just north of the Arctic Circle and it's where you can see the Northern Lights, and that has always been a dream of mine. I have a feeling that I'll have to save this trip for when I'm rich one day and for when I'm old enough to rent a car, but a girl can dream, right?



And I have to see all those French castles
Chantilly, France

6. Oslo: well I love some Vikings and Oslo is the city to go to learn about their history. That an Norway has alway seemed like this huge mystery to me, one that I want to explore more of.

5. Edinburgh: I really really want to see Scotland. And not just Edinburgh, but the castles in the area too. That and the charm and charisma that the Scottish people have is just intriguing. So I have to go check it out and I'm really bummed that I didn't get to see it this year.

4. Loire Valley Castles: these have been my dream forever and I think I'll have to wait until I can rent a car until I can visit these marvels. They're beautiful, surrounded by nature, rivers, and vineyards, and they're full of history. I'll probably be doing this next time that I'm in France. It's simply a must.

3. Stockholm: it was a tough choice to put this at number three, especially since my Swedish exchange student made me want to see the city so bad, that and laugh a lot. There's just something intriguing that I need to experience, maybe even live there.



But its the snow that makes me happiest
Bavaria, Germany

2. Copenhagen: did you know that the Danes are rated the happiest people in the world? I guess I have to see what makes them so happy. That and they helped a lot of Jews escape during World War II. I guess I'm so interested in these countries because of their culture and the fact that they follow Nordic law rather than common law. That and Copenhagen looks beautiful!

1. Helsinki: if you haven't figured it out yet, I really want to go to all the Nordic countries, and Helsinki is top of the list. I know that Helsinki isn't a top tourist destination, but it's a place that I've always wanted to go to. First off I think Finland is pretty badass because it managed to hold back Russia a bit during the Winter War and it managed to not become a satellite state during the Cold War. That and I've always really like the bands that came out of Helsinki. So it's always been on my to do list. And now that I'm not afraid to travel to countries where I don't speak the language, Helsinki is top of the list. And it's health care, human rights, and education aren't bad either. 

You Might Also Like