Tartiflette

0 Comments

Tartiflette: A Good Time to Wear Stretchy Pants

I think I have a thing for a good winter dish. Heavy meals don't deter me, summer or winter. So naturally I love a good tartiflette. It's got everything: meat, potatoes, onion, and cheese. It's the fantastic four when it comes to good, hearty meals. Which is why I have to take the time to appreciate the deliciousness that is tartiflette.


Tartiflette is made by baking potatoes with onions, lardons, and reblochon cheese. Yeah, it tastes as good as it sounds! It comes from the Savoie region of France and I am really starting to appreciate all of its good hearty foods. Some people swap out the lardons with smoked salmon, but I don't plan on ever doing that. It is similar to a gratin, but because it has many more ingredients, people forget that it is a gratin. And lets just say, anytime there is a tartiflette being served, I wish I wore my stretchy pants. Just add that to the list of French meals that I just cannot resist!

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: