Bye Bye Mommy

0 Comments

Saying Goodbye ... For Now

It seems like since September, when I last saw my dad, that I have been looking forward to seeing my mom. Sure going to Warsaw and London is very exciting, but what I've really been looking forward to is my mom coming to visit me. And it seems like just in a flash, out week together is over and I have to say goodbye, again.


When I left my parents and brother at the San Francisco airport, I was a blubbering mess. I tried my best not to cry. But in August and September, when my dad left, I was able to hold back tears, but that didn't make it any less emotional. And now my mom is leaving again, but I think that I can keep the waterworks at bay. Maybe it's because I feel more independent and know that I can handle (some) things on my own. Maybe it's because I thought that when I left in July that I was guaranteed to fail. Or maybe it's because I know that I will see my mom again in July, which makes a goodbye for a couple of months a lot easier. I think when I briefly thought of studying abroad in college or going away to grad school, I thought that missing my family would just be too much, that I could never bare to say goodbye. And now I know that I can do it, thanks to the wonders of Skype and FaceTime.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Comments? Questions? Advice? Let me know: